Groestlcoin (GRS) blockchain enables instant and private transactions with subatomic fees. It was launched on 22 March 2014 with a focus on technological development, and is SEGWIT and Lightning Network ready currently. Infact, it claims to be the first one to activate Segwit (in January 2017) and also the first one with Lightning Network mainnet transaction.
By enabling Lightning Network, Groestlcoin facilitates almost ZERO fee transactions, instant payments, scalability and atomic swaps. The fee for transferring 10,000 GRS will be 0.000045 GRS.
A few major features related to Groestlcoin (GRS) are:
- ASIC Resistant – A GPU Miner’s Heaven which makes the mining distribution of this coin fairer and more even, to help prevent the centralization of GRS coin. Groestlcoin uses 2 rounds of pure Grøstl-512 mining algorithm and no ASIC has ever been created for it! The BAIKAL ASIC has an implementation of Myriad-Groestl, but is not compatible with Groestlcoin!
- Private Transactions – you can send GRS anonymously! The Samourai wallet, boasts its anonymity and security, as it allows for private stealth addresses with both TOR and VPN support, as well as onboard AES-256 encryption.
- Multi-platform Wallets – Groestlcoin has wallets for every platform: Android | iOS | BlackBerry | Windows | macOS | Linux | ChromeOS | Web. If you want to use only one wallet on multiple platforms, GRS team recommends GroestlPay wallet. Having a mobile wallet since 2014, Groestlcoin is supposedly more than ready for day-to-day payments.
- SubAtomic fees – You can send GRS with almost ZERO fees! Sending 10,000 GRS will only cost you between 0.000045 and 0.00019 GRS ($0.00007 – $0.0003), depending on the wallet you use. Core wallet has the cheapest transaction fees.
- Energy saving and lower power usage – Due to having the GPU mining GRS algorithm, Groestlcoin is really economical to mine.
KoinOK Exchange has launched GRS coin in India with a great reward program of over 4,000 GRS coins worth Rs. 2,50,000.
This reward program has been divided into 3 portions. The details are as follows:
i) GRS Coin Deposit Contest: Total Deposit Rewards worth 2000 GRS coins
The first 400 GRS depositors on KoinOK with a minimum deposit of 30 GRS coins will receive 5 GRS coins (equivalent to Rs. 350) each
GRS Deposits will be made live at 1 PM, June 12. Deposit GRS coins on KoinOK by transferring from other exchanges in order to participate in this contest. Deposit Contest will run from 1 PM, June 11 to 11:59 PM, June 25. This minimum deposit of 30 GRS coins can be traded on KoinOK but cannot be withdrawn from KoinOK before the last date.
ii) GRS Coin Flash Sale: 1000 GRS Giveaway
Buy GRS coins on KoinOK and get additional 15% GRS coins for FREE in your KoinOK wallet upto 3 GRS coins for each user. This contest will start from 6 PM, June 12. Rewards will be allocated on a first come first serve basis. Distribution of rewards will be done in batches starting from June 20, 2018, and then after every 10 days.
iii) GRS Coin Trading Contest:
For Top 10 Traders in GRS/INR pair
Rewards worth 1000 GRS Coins (equivalent to Rs. 65,000)
Top Trader: 350 GRS coins
2nd Top Trader: 200 GRS coins
3rd Top Trader: 150 GRS coins
4th Top Trader: 90 GRS coins
5th Top Trader: 60 GRS coins
6-10th Positions: 30 GRS coins each
Trading in GRS/INR will be made live at 6 PM, June 12. Trading Contest will run from 6 PM, June 12 to 11:59 PM, June 20.
Minimum Trading Amount for Trading Contest Eligibility: INR 25,000